In this podcast, which was recorded on Thursday April 9th, 2020, we speak with Pat Sullivan, president and CEO of Game Creek Video, one of North America’s largest outside broadcast operators and by extension one of its largest media tech buyers.
The postponement or cancellation of live events globally has brought activities of OB companies like Game Creek to a halt, and Sullivan doesn’t sugar-coat the situation.
You can listen to the podcast (39:10) using the below widget. (Again, we apologize for some of the technical issues with the audio recording, we will continue to work to resolve those in future podcasts.)
If the player widget does not work, you might have better luck using this link.
In addition to the current economic challenges facing the industry, this wide-ranging discussion touches on a number of hot-button industry issues, including:
- The timing and nature of a potential return of televised sports
- How Game Creek (a large technology buyer) is working with suppliers during the lock down
- What to expect from the next round of negotiated sports rights
- Technology supplier merger and acquisitions
- The future of trade shows and new models for buying and selling media technology
- Implications to the transition to next-generation technology environments such as IP-based infrastructure
© 2009-2020 Devoncroft Partners LLC